Copyright WDC C1 for STP at RAL.
The databases contain a single data product derived from all IRM
instruments as outlined below. These data also contains a variety
of house-keeping and ephemeris information. Vectors are stored in
geocentric-solar-ecliptic (GSE) coordinates. Time tags on data
records denote the start of the integration period. For details
of fields and units, please consult the metadata catalogues.
- Magnetometer. 5 second mean values of the magnetic field
- Plasma instrument. 5 second samples of various moments of the
- protons: total number density, number density for energies
>8 keV, temperature and velocity (in polar form: magnitude,
flow latitude and flow longitude). The temperature, flow
latitude and flow longitude are not available (set to null
values) in the solar wind. The number density at high
energies is not available at times when the instrument was
operated in the so-called half-sweep mode.
- electrons: total number density, number density for energies
> 2 keV, and temperature. The number density and temperature
are not available (set to null values) in the tail lobes.
- Wave spectrometer. 5 second mean and peak values of the power
spectral density for both electric and magnetic waves at a
variety of frequencies (see metadata catalogue for details).
- Suleica. Fluxes of a variety of suprathermal ion species. These
are available at an integration time of about 70 seconds but are
stored as a 5 second time-series, i.e. 1 data value is followed
by about 13 null values. (See metadata catalogue for details).
General Help Index
Produced by World Data Centre C1 for STP.